Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment & Deep Repair Masque

My Hair Haul!



Left: Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment 4.2 fl oz
Right: Macadamia Deep Repair Mask 8.5 fl oz
After hearing all the hype surrounding this product line I have finally decided to try it out for myself (Ok...I totally caved). Just got this in the mail. I'm gonna try it out and then get back to you beauty peeps and let you know what I think about it! Mission macadamia begins now :o)



I've always been a loyal Frederic Fekkai haircare user. I looove his products (check out the Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Conditioner..its the pink one & smells diiiivine). His products are pricey but I'm a leo and leo's love their hair :o) Realistically speaking, I'd rather invest money on my hair and maybe budget myself with cosmetics. Fekkai products always seem to tame my wild frizzy waves even when I'm in India where the humidity is off the charts!!! Trust me I can look like a Chia pet if the weather conditions are just right...lol


What's in the magic jar??!!
Anyways, back to Macadamia land... just got this and I've used it only once but I gotta say this might be a keeper! After only one use my hair is lookin much more silkier and even more manageable. I am one of those people who cannot stand strong floral scents because I'm super sensitive to anything that's overly fragrant (my face turns red, I develop a headache etc.) Surprisingly this product has a floral smell but it didn't irritate me at all and I actually found myself loving it. I kept on opening the deep repair mask and taking a whiff...it’s totally intoxicating!


I mixed two pumps of the healing oil treatment into the mask when I applied it and after washing I applied two more pumps throughout my wet hair (to help detangle). Please keep in mind that I do have super thick and long wavy hair so I can get away with a little more product. If you have baby fine hair then you may want to consider using one pump. One great thing about this oil is its extremely light and if you use the right amount it shouldn't weigh down your hair or make you into slick-rick ;o)

So far I am impressed but its really too early to give my stamp of approval. I will use it a few more times and then I will let you guys know whether I feel it’s worth a switch from Fekkai.

Available at: Drugstore.com (usually on sale)
Price: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (8.5fl oz) $32,
Price: Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment (4.2 fl oz) $38
 

No comments:

Post a Comment