Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Lip Luster in Delighted & Tart Lipsurgence Natural Lip Tint in Amused

Yummy Tarte Lipsurgence Swatches & Review

Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Delighted
Hey guys! So I wanted to share some pics of my new jumbo lip pencils from Tarte's much talked-about lipsurgence line ($24).  The first color is a "lip luster" called Delighted and
I would describe it as a darker peachy/pink shade with delicate shimmer. 
 
 
Now it does contain some glitter but it is so small that you don't even notice it because it blends in really well with the overall color.  I think the shimmer part is what helps the light reflect off the lips making them appear plumper which is totally cool with me:) 
Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Luster in Delighted
The pigmentation is actually pretty good and I wouldn't call it sheer coverage...maybe medium?  Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it blended onto my lips.  I wouldn't really call it a long-wearing lip product because it did transfer onto my tea cup and I had to reapply afterwards. It is however, very moisturizing.  Not sure if it actually lives up to the company's claim that it "increases lips moisture content by 6000%" but I was able to wear it even while suffering from dry lips without any irritation or burning.  The mint scent was lovely and not too strong, kinda like those red & white candies:) 


Tarte Lipsurgence in Delighted
Left: Applied once   Right: Layered

Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Stain in Amused
The second color is a bright pink "lip tint" called Amused.  I was drawn to this color because of its vibrancy.  Since summer is right about to start and I tend to be more active I wanted something I can throw in my bag and not need a mirror to reapply. The pencil form makes it pretty easy and user-friendly.

Lip Surgence Lip Stain in Amused
Amused is definetly more sheer then my other Tarte lipsurgence Delighted but the bright pinky color is extremely vibrant & buildable.  Quick Tip: I did notice that Amused got caught in some of my lip lines so make sure you exfoliate before applying.  Also, if your lipsticks tends to bleed I would be cautious of this color....I've got a hunch that it may not be suitable for mature lips.  

Tarte Lipsurgence in Amused
Left: Applied once Right: Layered
My only two concerns are the risk of melting and SPF factor.  All Tarte Lipsurgences contain moisturizing & beneficial ingredients like jojoba seed oil, peppermint oil, vitamin c and vitamin e but I'm not sure how strong it is at blocking UV rays.  The price is also kinda a turn off and I don't think I will be running back to buy more any time soon.  Its not one of those products where I feel like, "OH MY GAAAAWD! My life is incomplete, I need every color!" ;o)  It's a fun product if you have cash to spare.  I heard Revlon has come out with a similar product that is more wallet-friendly :o)


**Update 10/09/12**
Just want to let you guys know that the lipsurgence in Amused is very prone to melting.  For some reason the consistency is thinner and it gets stuck on the inside of the tube making it very difficult to reach.  I had to scoop the product out and put it in a empty lip jar so that it doesn't go to waste.  Its kind of frustrating when the only reason I bought this was so that I can use it while I'm on the go.  I went through two Amused lipsurgence pencils and both had this same problem:(

Price: $24
Availabe at: Tartecosmetics.com, Sephora.com, Blush.com


  


No comments:

Post a Comment