Sunday, October 28, 2012

YSL ROUGE VOLUPTÉ PERLE in Beige Caress #101

Beautiful Pink-Beige Shimmer
 
I love YSL Rouge Volupté  lipsticks! Well, let me rephrase that...I love the way YSL Rouge Volupté lipsticks make my lips look:)  I was pretty impressed by my YSL Rouge Volupté #29 lipstick and its plumping capabilities (I did a review..click here YSL RV#29) so I decided to pick up another YSL RV.  YSL Beige Caress Perle Lipstick #101 is a gorgeous pink beige color with flecks of shimmer.  Its consistency is very similar to the non-shimmer YSL RV lipsticks and its just as soft and creamy.  It just melts onto the lips with such ease.  It also has the same luxurious packaging as the regular YSL Rouge Volupté lipsticks and I'm such a sucker for the case!  It's so pretty...I can't help myself!!!


There are six different shades of YSL Perle lipsticks to choose from.  I was looking for something that I could use during day and also at night with a smokey eye.  If you check out my day light swatches you will definitely be able to see the flecks of gold shimmer. When applied onto the lips this lipstick gives a very pretty iridescent golden sheen.

YSL Rouge Volupté Perle Lipstick in Beige Caress #101
(L) Lightly swatched, (R) Heavy swatch
 
The only thing that kind of bothered me was I could feel the glitter against my lips while applying the lipstick.  It wasn't a super-duper gritty sensation but it was enough for me to notice something was there on my lips.  Other thing which I noticed was that if you mess up or if the lipstick goes out of the lip boundary you will have flecks of shimmer left around your mouth!  You gotta be careful when applying this stuff.  With expensive lipsticks comes greater application responsibility?! ;o)
 

YSL Rouge Volupté Perle Lipstick in Beige Caress #101
Like the other YSL RV lipsticks this is definitely not a long lasting lipstick.  After eating or drinking you will have to reapply.  Which brings me to my second small complaint about this product.  After eating the lipstick goes and the glitter stays.  It kind of looks like you ate a glitter sandwich and the glitter crumbs are creeping around on your lips:)  It's not an insane amount but if you don't reapply the color people will probably mention that you have glitter on your lips.  Definitely not a lipstick you want to kiss somebody goodbye with.  *Hint, hint.  Wink, wink* for you readers with boyfriends/husbands. 
 
 
Available at:  Sephora, Barneys New York
Price: $34
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment