Saturday, November 10, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

Excuse Me...You've Got Some Red Velvet On Your Lips

Oh Revlon lip butter...how I love thee:)  You make my lips so nice and juicy.  Okay enough of my jibber-jabber let's get to the review and pics. 

Like the Revlon lip butter in Raspberry Pie, I would also describe Red Velvet as a tinted lip balm on steroids.  It leaves a great wash of color on the lips and also moisturizes.  If you are someone who doesn't like a matte red lip or you hate the feel of lipstick this product is for you.  Its gives a great amount of color and also gives the lips a slightly wet look.  It looks as if you are wearing a gloss but without the sticky feeling.  The shade is perfect for fall and the upcoming holiday season.  Its a deep red that I think will suit a variety of skin tones. 

Since this is more of a tinted lip balm it will not leave a strong stain so reapplication is necessary after food or drink.  Its definitely not a long wearing lipstick. It is however perfect for day time use and for a fun night out.  Before applying this I would recommend exfoliating the lips and if you have mature skin try it out at home to make sure there is no bleeding on the lip lines.  You can also try applying lip liner to extend the wear time.  I think everybody's different so you have to learn what works best for you.


Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Red Velvet
Left: Lightly Swatched    Right: Heavy Swatch
Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet - Daylight

Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet - with Flash

Available at:  Drugstore.com
Price: $7.49

*Disclaimor:  I purchased this product myself and I am in no way affiliated with Revlon or drugstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment